Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thing 4

Which customizable homepage did you choose? Why did that one appeal to you? Will you make it your permanent home page?

I created a igoogle homepage, because it allowed me to see my google calendar and blog from one place. It would be nice to see you email there also if I had gmail, which I don't. i have made it my homepage on my school and home computer, because I have all of the information I need during the day posted on there.

Did you find a tool that has some uses for you at school or home? Which tool(s) would you recommend to others?
Both! I really like using it in both places. It is really nice to be able to access the stuff while I'm at work, but if I don't have enough time then I can get it at home. Some of the tools I've put on it are also for personal use (news feeds) so I mostly look at those at home.

How can the online calendars be useful to you?
I absolutly love my on-line calendar! The best thing is that I can access it almost anywhere I have internet access. Before my online calendar I was not successful at keeping a calendar mostly because I did't have it when I needed it. Now I schedule meetings with my students, parents and peers on there. I also keep my personal calendar on there also so I have it all in one place. I've shared my calendar with some friends, which has been great to have when we're trying to find a time to get together.

What about the To Do Lists -- helpful? too much work?
I put a To Do list on my igoogle when I first made it and it wouldn't work at school because it was being blocked. So it wasn't of much use to me, unless I looked at it when I was at home. Today when I logged onto my igoogle I was able to see my To Do list so I updated it and I think it will be more useful now that I can see it all the time.



How would you compare and contrast the use of paper-based assignments and assigment notebooks to the potential use of online assignment calculators and to do lists for students?
I think that it would take a lot of work by the teacher to get it set up at first and to train students on how to do it. In the long run though I think I would like the on-line version because it would be stored in one location and students would be able to get it no matter where it is located.

No comments: